RE: Re: Posting Summary for Week Ending 18 January, 2008: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have some thoughts, I just hope you (all) don't start hunting for me. But if you do, well, do it:

1 - I do believe the posting summary adds nothing to this list. But I don't care about it either. I think this is all about "karma" and as such, "who has the biggest dick". We could argue for hours about this, and I know some of you will find the stats valuable (specially to show your boss how "karmatic" you are, or to show your boss how much time one of your partners spends instead of doing his job, lol).

2 - I don't have anything against my name and email being published in the stats (sure, I'd like support for the "é" character on my name :)). I don't care about spam either, we all get spam anyway, and that's why we have RBLs in our mail server and the MS Outlook junk folder. Moreover, if I was a spammer, I would also search for mailto: patterns like agrobinet+at+bestplace+dot+biz, so I think I'd get mangled email addresses anyway.

3 - I don't like the attitude of both Dan and David. IMHO, David thinks the issue is more severe than it is, and Dan just won't recognize that mangling email addresses is kind of a (arguably also) "standard practice". No public apologize is needed, but maybe "Yeah, I just didn't consider that" would be enough.

4 - I have two phrases I like very much, one of them is "one fault does not cover another" and the other one is "Hakuna Matata" (yes, I saw the lion king baby! lol).

Just one more thing, about...

> If treating someone's complaint with contempt, even if you don't agree
> with the substance of it, is the way this "club" works, it's not one
> that I feel comfortable joining.

... well, that's because you didn't taste the internals list yet, lol.

Regards,

Rob

Andrés Robinet | Lead Developer | BESTPLACE CORPORATION
5100 Bayview Drive 206, Royal Lauderdale Landings, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 | TEL 954-607-4207 | FAX 954-337-2695
Email: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  | MSN Chat: best@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |  SKYPE: bestplace |  Web: http://www.bestplace.biz | Web: http://www.seo-diy.com