Re: Objects

At 2:00 PM -0400 7/25/07, Nathan Nobbe wrote:
yes well at the beginning of the design patterns book they basically explain
the same thing.
if you dont understand the basic oo priciples, then design patterns arent
going to make any sense.
these basic concepts are (not looking in the book [testing myself]..)
encapsulation
abstraction
polymorphism
inheritence

ok now i will look in the book; lets see if ive learned anything;
nice; thats what they have there;
ya; get the basics down, but then; dont stop; learn design patterns!

I understand, and have used, the four mentioned above -- but have a difficult time with design patterns.

Sure, I get the idea that design patterns are concepts/procedures/ideas for how to identify/classify a problem and thereby infer a specific solution, but further than that I'm lost.

As I see it, every problem consist of input, calculation, and presentation. I don't see the need to classify each problem as a specific type and then proceed accordingly.

To me, every problem looks the same, only different. :-)

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------