Re: Objects

Design patterns will just confuse the issue. If you come from a non-OO
background (just like me) and want to know what all this OO stuff is about
you might want to take a look at the following:
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/good-bad-oop.html
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/hero-or-heretic.html
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/oop-for-heretics.html
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/what-is-oop.html
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/databaseobjects.html
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/databaseobjects2.html

I wrote these for the simple reason that, just like you, I found too many
articles with lots of theory but no substance. Unfortunately too many of
these theories conflicted with my past experience, so I chose to ignore most
of them, and achieved far better results.

You can download my sample application from
http://www.tonymarston.net/php-mysql/sample-application.html which provides
a working implementation which you can study at your leisure.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net