Re: Pirate PHP books online?

On 24/07/07, Ryan A <genphp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

<clip>
The same would happen if I did everything myself. Within days of
self-publishing a eBook, it would be on a pirate site. At least with a
publisher, legal copies do get sold, and I do get a return on the time
invested, even though it's not as much as I would like.
</clip>

Instead of clip tags, I recommend that you configure your mail client
to prepend a greater than sign to quotes. It's rather customary, if
not standard.

Also depends on how popular your site is...
coz for example if your site is really popular... say 30k uniques a day,  then making an ebook would be great as even though it would get pirated (by the way, check out the digital copies of harry potter if you're into that...(i'm not) how many days has it been since the release?)

They were online _before_ you could buy the book.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/