Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Hello Zoltán,

Am 2007-07-19 15:14:53, schrieb Zoltán Németh:
> I didn't want to get involved in this thread, though it was interesting
> to read...
> However, an idea just came into my mind: what if you, as the author,
> could offer a download for a price which would be the same as what you
> get after a sold paper copy? According to what you just said, it would

The idea is nice but...

I am writing myself some books and produce it using <http://www.bod.de/>
where BOD is Books-On-Demand.

IF I sell my education books (se previously E-Mail) books for 15 Euro
each over bookstores, I earn only 1 Euro per book.  If you buy the
books directly from me, I earn arround 3,20 Euro per book.

So, the 2,20 Euro was eaten by the Distributing service...

And yes, I will sell the BOOKS and PDF over my Website, bt I have to
pay my backbone (Dual STM-4) and other things, so selling th PDF for
1 Euro against 15 Euro the Hardcopy is DEFINITIVLY a NO!

> be much cheaper for the download than for a paper copy, which might
> cause more or less of the downloaders of the pirated file to download it
> legally and pay this smaller price to you.
> I admit that it won't stop pirating, but it might be good for those who
> are willing to pay to you, but either can't afford the paper copy or are
> not willing to pay to the publishing company - and it might increase
> your revenues a bit too.

Since my contract with the french Mod is running out at 2007-07-31 I
need a new income, otherwise it would be not realy funny with my kids.

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)