Re: Pirate PHP books online?

On 19/07/07, Zoltán Németh <znemeth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:>> I didn't want to get involved in this thread, though it was interesting> to read...> However, an idea just came into my mind: what if you, as the author,> could offer a download for a price which would be the same as what you> get after a sold paper copy? According to what you just said, it would> be much cheaper for the download than for a paper copy, which might> cause more or less of the downloaders of the pirated file to download it> legally and pay this smaller price to you.> I admit that it won't stop pirating, but it might be good for those who> are willing to pay to you, but either can't afford the paper copy or are> not willing to pay to the publishing company - and it might increase> your revenues a bit too.>> greets> Zoltán Németh>
An additional benefit is that there are those who _prefer_ theelectronic version to the dead trees. At least, I do.
Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/http://what-is-what.com/