Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Mon, July 16, 2007 7:15 am, tedd wrote:
I have to agree with Col on this one. Books are not shareware,
freeware or open source. They are written for profit and anyone
wanting to pirate the books are stealing, plain and simple. And if
anyone thinks people will buy the book if it's useful to them, then
that's just silly thinking. While some people may, most won't.

Dotan, I would report the offending link to the publishers, that's
what the authors would do.

While I would prefer that authors/publishers provide a cheap/free
PDF/eBook version of their book, it is their right, after all their
hard work, to choose in what formats to sell/give it.

And to say that books are not "shareware" seems to toss a lot of authors by the side who freely give their work out for one reason or another. Just as there is open source software, there is also open source documentation. Check out the GNU Free Documentation License if you don't believe me.