Re: More include issues

Dan Shirah wrote:
Yes, I have error_reporting = E_ALL and show_warnings = On.
Here's something interesting...if I put the include directly above the code for the dropdown it works....like below:

<snip>

and then the code stops again at the next area of my page where it needs to connect to the database. Since I have my database connection set as mssql_pconnect(persistent connection) I should not have to include the connection file before every attempt to retrieve something from the database, but that is the only way it is working right now.

Ok, first of all that's not what persistant connections are. Persistent connection refers to pooling connections in the server such that each page request does not need to create a new connection if an existing idle connection exists.

I have no idea what's going on. It's possible that MSSQL is closing the connection for some reason, but I really don't know. I suggest you consult the MSSQL logs for clues.

-Stut