Re: More include issues

Dan Shirah wrote:
Ask and you shall recieve!! :)
// My include statement at the beginning of the body
<?php include '../../Conn/prpr_mssql.php'; ?>
**Various plain HTML form data here** // My dropdown box that is not getting populated
<?php
  // Query the credit_card_type table and load all of the records
  // into an array.
$sql = "SELECT * FROM credit_card_code_types ORDER BY credit_card_type_desc";
  $res = mssql_query($sql) or die(mssql_error());
  while ($rec = mssql_fetch_assoc($res)) $credit_card_type_desc[] = $rec;
// die('<pre>'.print_r($credit_card_type_code)); foreach ($credit_card_type_desc as $c)
  {
    if ($c['credit_card_type_code'] == $_POST['credit_card'])
echo "<OPTION value=\"{$c['credit_card_type_code']}\" SELECTED>{$c['credit_card_type_desc']}</OPTION>\n";
    else
echo "<OPTION value=\"{$c['credit_card_type_code']}\">{$c['credit_card_type_desc']}</OPTION>\n";
  }
?>

Ok, I can't see anything wrong with that. Are you absolutely sure it works when you replace the include line with the contents of the include file? Are you sure you're replacing it exactly?

One minor thing... that include file is not the same path and filename you gave in your original post. You are looking at the right piece of code yes?

One thing I'd suggest you add is a check after the mssql_query to see how many rows were returned. Beyond that I'm stumped.

-Stut

On 6/6/07, *Stut* <stuttle@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:stuttle@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dan Shirah wrote:
     > If I put an echo into my included file, the echo displays on the
    screen.

     > But no results are returned.
     >
     > However, if I copy the data from my include file and paste it
    directly
     > into my page, I get the results.

    Ok, so that's confirmed that the include file is being included
    properly. I think we need to see the code you're using to get the data
    before we can help any more.

    <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxx> <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:lists@xxxxxxxxx>>>
     >     wrote:
     >      >>
     >      >> Dan Shirah wrote:
     >      >> > Okay, I'm stumped!!!
     >      >> >
     >      >> > I have all of my database connection info in a file:
     >     connection.php
     >      >> > This info is stored in a folder: Connections
     >      >> > Example of connection.php:
     >      >> > <?php
     >      >> > $connection =
    mssql_pconnect('SERVER','user','password') or die
     >      >> ('server
     >      >> > connection failed');
     >      >> > $database = mssql_select_db("my_database", $connection)
    or die