Re: Re: PHP & Text Messaging

Michelle Konzack wrote:
 > I buy from several European GSM-Providers bigger contingents of SMS's
and have per SM-Provider 4-16 SIM-Cards... (My Server has 64 Siemens
S40 attached)

I pay per SMS 0.024 to 0.042 Euro and sell it for 0.06 to 0.18 Euro.
The clients do Pre-Pay which mean I have no risk...

I send per month around 2 million messages.  Which mean, I earn
effectiv nearly 0.01 Euro per message.  and this is done only with
a very OLD HP Vectra XA5/200MMT (P1/200 with 192 MByte of memory).

Thats very impressive, but I know in South African there are companies that do what you do, but they connect to each respective mobile phone provider by means of an internet connection. There are however security and cost requirments to do so.

Coincidentally I once ran into a local guy who was doing what you were doing, but he stop doing it a number of years ago and simple became a WASP (wireless accesss service provider)

My bank, for instance, sends me sms's on any transaction that happens on my account, I doubt they would have used an array of mobile phones to accomplish this.

Sometimes, when I use my credit card, I get the sms before the credit card slip has been printed out :)

--
Regards,

Clive.

Real Time Travel Connections

{No electrons were harmed in the creation, transmission or reading of this email. However, many were excited and some may well have enjoyed the experience.}