Re: WWE in Stamford, CT needs a kick ass PHP Developer!

On Sat, 2007-04-14 at 11:28 -0500, Edward Vermillion wrote:

> I think there's a fundamental difference between a web application
> and a web page. (That's another one of those areas where folks expect
> what they shouldn't. Like a web application must adhere to the web
> paradigm and ensure the "back" button retains it's meaning throughout
> the applications processes, even though there's no real "back"
> concept to an application.)
>
> I'm really finding that the older I get, and the more my eyesight
> diminishes, the more websites I just don't go to or that I have to
> fight with if I *have* to get some info from them, just because the
> designer wasn't designing for the web.
>
> But eh, we all do what we have to to get the pay check sometimes...

I can understand where you're coming from, but to draw the line further
back, are you also suggesting we remove images, flash, applets,
javascript? These things didn't exist when the web was born... The web
evolved and in so doing opened up new opportunities. Web applications
that don't work like conventional pages are merely another step in the
Web's evolution. I'm not going to call it Web 2.0 or Web 3.0 or any
other dumb branding gibberish, but truth be told, the web is still
evolving into what visionaries see for its potential.

Cheers,
Rob.