Re: Audio CAPTCHA review request

At 8:20 PM -0400 3/29/07, TG wrote:
 > Not as hard as you might think. You don't have to identify it as a
 pig but rather as the spectral properties that a pig image displays.
 > It's like part recognition on an assembly line.

Are you incinerating pigs and doing spectral analysis on them to see what
they're composed of, again?

No, it's a technique that I read about where an assembly line may have more than one type of object and the object can be in any orientation. The problem is that they need to identify and count each object that passes by automatically.

Now, taking an image of the object in question and then comparing that image to every possible orientation would be very time consuming. As such, they developed another method.

The method goes like this -- take picture of the object, run it through an FFT and get it's spectral properties (frequency envelope -- amp v frequency). Then compare that envelope with envelopes of unknown objects to see if they match. You see, with the correct lighting and such, the spectral properties of an object will be the same regardless of it's orientation. Neat huh?

I did something like that many years ago using EKG's. It provided an intelligent system that would flag possible heart disease by comparing the unknown heart EKG (the patient) to known EKG anomalies (known heart diseases). Rather leading edge at the time -- but, old stuff now. However, there's still a lot to do if anyone wants to hire me for this type of research. I hate it when employers get something worthwhile, think that's all there is, and then vanish without investigating it further. There's so much more. Oh well, they have the money and I don't.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------