Re: Re: how to display images stored in DB

I have reflected upon this thread for awhile now.

I believe that the only "new" thing I have to add is for newbies.

I believe that for a newbie, it would be easier to use the filesystem
rather than the DB.

True, you then have to do some extra cleanup/management work for
deleted records, so that the related images go away.

But storing them in the DB invariably ends up with too many issues
involving DB storage size and query buffer size, compounded by data
escaping/security issues.

None of these are easy for a newbie to solve, and all too often, due
to environmental limitations (read: shared hosting) it is impossible
to fix the query buffer size limitation.

If you know what you are doing, and have thought out the pros and
cons, by all means, go ahead and put your images into the DB.

If you have no idea what to do, choose the file system to get started,
and then do more research when you have spare time.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?