Re: Re: how to display images stored in DB

At 10:01 AM -0500 3/1/07, markw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
In this discussion I have stated reasons why it is a bad idea. No one has
come up with a counter point which can only be served by a database and
thus proves me wrong. I think that says something.

Contradiction is not a sign of falsity, nor the lack of contradiction a sign of truth.

I think "no comment" says that discussing this issue has problems.

For example, this has been subject of many flame wars before and I'm sure that many just don't care to join in. If you want to claim something absurd, then who are they to correct you? And why should they care?

Also, it might be that if counter points are made, will they just fall on deaf ears and be dismissed as easy as you claimed that there are no "good" reasons for doing in the first place. Keep in mind that you admittedly don't know of any "good" reasons and thus are more of an advocate for one side than open to seeing both sides.

If I were to provide you with "good" reasons, would you honestly consider them OR are you so set in your ways that no example would suffice. Remember, that this topic has started flames wars before where people, on both sides, would not admit that one technique might prove more appropriate for one condition over another.

If you are open to honestly consider, then I shall provide a couple of examples. But if I do and you do not agree, then your only recourse will be to *prove* otherwise.

So, what say you?

tedd
--
-------