Re: Re: how to display images stored in DB

On Thursday 01 March 2007 22:24, Richard Lynch wrote:
> I have reflected upon this thread for awhile now.
>
> I believe that the only "new" thing I have to add is for newbies.
>
> I believe that for a newbie, it would be easier to use the filesystem
> rather than the DB.

THAT on the other hand is BS! not to jerk around with you, but no and HELL no.
Storing in the database was the easy way out, I started using the filesystem
cuz of both a limitation in a forum AND a few mails from you. But easier...
NO.

> True, you then have to do some extra cleanup/management work for
> deleted records, so that the related images go away.

This is just deleting records... a record with a blob is just as easy/hard
with/without a blob.

> But storing them in the DB invariably ends up with too many issues
> involving DB storage size and query buffer size, compounded by data
> escaping/security issues.

This on the other hand... I'm a newbie, whatever your saying, BUT and it is a
big one; The data has to be escaped anyway, the binary object has to be
checked for security breaches with or without the database, so this is reason
is by all means wrongly put.

--
---
Børge