Re: Running AMP from CD

On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 08:42 -0800, Ryan A wrote:
> Sounds good but I dont think its right for this project because we are
> making educational pages that are presently online... but will later
> be distributed for free to students, mostly young ones at that...
> 10-15yrs old so it has to be as simple as possible.... for example:

Well, you are in luck then. Our system happens to be a fully fledged
e-learning system that does exactly that! :)

> User gets the cd and loads it into their comp
> Then either of these two:
> a) they click on clickme.html or clickme.exe etc
> or

Firefox launches on CD start and the elearning system is there and ready
to go in the context (course) of your choosing.

Check out http://elearn.uwc.ac.za/ as one of our e-learning site, and

On an aside, we also are building a site of downloadable free
courseware, http://freecourseware.uwc.ac.za and if you are releasing the
courses as free, I would really like to add it in there, as well as make
it a demo downloadable course. A lot of our African partners (16
countries) roll out in primary schools, and I think that your stuff
could be really useful to them.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm