Re: Running AMP from CD

Hey Paul,

Now this is sounding promising!
Can you send me details on how/where I can download your package to give it a go?

"Firefox launches on CD start and ........"

I hope just in this case FF is launched, because we have found that most of our to be users are on IE... so this was designed mostly for IE and some of the JS scripts look a bit funny in FF..

"if you are releasing the courses as free, I would really like to add it in there "
I dont see any problem with that, but I dont know how much use it would be for people outside of Sweden as the entire site is mostly Swedish... you can check it out here:
http://matematik.sofiadistans.nu/index.htm
(Its still very much under construction)

Cheers!
> Sounds good but I dont think its right for this project because we are
> making educational pages that are presently online... but will later
> be distributed for free to students, mostly young ones at that...
> 10-15yrs old so it has to be as simple as possible.... for example:

Well, you are in luck then. Our system happens to be a fully fledged
e-learning system that does exactly that! :)

> User gets the cd and loads it into their comp
> Then either of these two:
> a) they click on clickme.html or clickme.exe etc
> or

Firefox launches on CD start and the elearning system is there and ready
to go in the context (course) of your choosing.

Check out http://elearn.uwc.ac.za/ as one of our e-learning site, and

On an aside, we also are building a site of downloadable free
courseware, http://freecourseware.uwc.ac.za and if you are releasing the
courses as free, I would really like to add it in there, as well as make
it a demo downloadable course. A lot of our African partners (16
countries) roll out in primary schools, and I think that your stuff
could be really useful to them.

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm