Crossing over to the Darkside?

Hello,

Having used php for a while now and am fairly competent I was persuaded by a
collegue to look into asp.net.  I decided to download the free trial of
VS2005 and start with a few tutorials.

I am very suprised how easy  things like user auhtentication and form
validation is. Literally in minutes. Even though I have written a similar
script many times for php there is always some tweeking or modifying
required before it fits the project. The asp object model is far superior,
something that PHP developers can't really argue against.

Now I know asp .net is not ideal for all projects but I am now thinking that
there are some projects that would be suited to the use of .net and the
development time would be greatly reduced. I would like to know

-What is planned for the next version of PHP?
-How many of  you use both of the technologies?
-What influences your decision when using either ASP, .NET, or PHP

I know people feel very strongly about PHP, however I don't want to start an
argument, just want a decent discussion,

Regards,

R.