Re: Re: PHP Frameworks - Opinion

"Robert Cummings" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1154725773.11517.16.camel@xxxxxxxxxx
> On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 17:23 -0300, Manuel Lemos wrote:

>> > I think you may be missing the point. Many people probably don't feel
>> > the "need" to create an alternative API, they may just feel the desire
>> > to do so. It's a great way to practice your skills, and in the end, you
>> > have a nice API that meets your needs.
>>
>> I do not think many people want to reinvent the wheel. Only those that
>> feel forced to do it, because the alternatives are insufficient, will do
>> it, only if they feel capable of doing it.
>>
>> If there were consensual API specifications like in Java world, very few
>> people would feel forced to reinvent the wheel.
>
> I beg to differ. I think a good number of people really enjoy
> re-inventing the wheel :)

Also because some people don't like working with other people's square
wheels, or wheels designed for a pram when they want wheels for a racing
bike, or wheels that run in the wrong direction, or wheels that turn too
slowly, or wheels that need expensive tyres, or .... (the list is endless)

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net