Re: Zend Studio, phpMyAdmin, and mysql.sock

Kevin Waterson wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Dave M G <martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Please understand that I was *hoping* for advice here, as Zend and PHP
>> are surely highly correlated. But I apologize if I came across as if I
>> *expected* answers.
>
> You raise an interesting point. Whilst PHP uses the Zend Engine it is the
> only Zend product in use as far as I know. Zend have an array of other
> commercial products that are built with PHP, but are no different than
> any other commercial venture.
>
> Being that these products are commercial in nature, should not they
> be supporting thier own products, rather than relying on the good
> will of the open source/PHP folks for tech support? If we should support
> Zend products, why not other commercial applications also?
> Is Zend hoping for volunteer contributions for commercial enterprises?
> Should we support Zend business partners also?

<just_a_bit_of_silly_humour>

yeah ;-) let's take up support of all IBM, Oracle and/or Sun related
problems right away. (actually I remember a thread where John Nichel quipped
we should be supporting anything as long as it was somehow related to IBM -
which is basically anything in the IT world ;-)

and there are probably alot of people on this lsit developing on a Dell
machine - given the problems Dell having been having with their customer
support we should immediately offer all our time to helping Dell customers
with support problems and lets those callcenter workers in India take a
load off. my number is +31 800 ...

anyone having relationship/personal problems should prefix the subject line
of their posts 'php-head-shrink' to ensure a priority response.

I don't think we should draw a line at hotmail support.

</just_a_bit_of_silly_humour>