Re: Browser tries to download php file

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Juan Mas wrote:

To: Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Juan Mas <juan.mas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Browser tries to download php file

I think there is something to this, but could definitely use some
input.  I have /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl as the startup.  This
does point to /usr/local/apache/bin/ and the only httpd.conf I can
locate is in apache/conf.  But, if I do a 'which httpd', it points to
/usr/local/bin.  If I do a httpd -l there, it does list mod_perl, but
not mod_php.  But, that httpd isn't running anywhere that I can see.
I'm not sure who to switch this so that the default is
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd.  Though I don't see how it's an issue
considering if I 'ps', it only shows /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
running.

I'm not familiar with Gentoo Linux. Does it have a package manager?

If so, can you uninstall Gentoo's version of Apache (httpd) server? That would make things easier to deal with then.

Maybe your problem would disappear then as well?

Kind Regards,

Keith