Re: Browser tries to download php file

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Juan Mas wrote:

To: Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Juan Mas <juan.mas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Browser tries to download php file

The httpd.conf file is in /usr/local/apache/conf

Im using Apache 1.3 because that's what I had loaded on this
originally with mod_perl.. I was most familiar with setting up Apache
1.3/mod_perl with the helpdesk application we use here. So I was
making it easier on myself.. Or so I thought.

The apache logs are showing on startup:

Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) PHP/5.2.5 mod_perl/1.30 configured -- resuming
normal operations

The httpd -l (Im typing out full path to /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd)
is showing the two modules loaded:

/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:

 mod_perl.c
 mod_php5.c

And my httpd.conf file (/usr/local/apache/conf) has these entries
under mod_mime:

       AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

       AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php

But still. My browser still tries to download the php file when I try
to view it.  I just tried re-compiling PHP just in case... No change.
Im at a total loss!  Let me know if there's any other info I can give.

Are you sure there is not another version of Apache running on your machine that's not configured properly? - ie something that is installed by default with Gentoo Linux and not setup to process php documents?

Regards,

Keith