Re: Browser tries to download php file

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Juan Mas wrote:

To: Keith Roberts <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Juan Mas <juan.mas@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Browser tries to download php file

Thanks for your response.  Heres what I know!  When I make a change to
the httpd.conf file, such as commenting out AddType, and restart
apache, the changes will take affect in the browser.  Typically the
php page will display as text at that point.  When I uncomment AddType
and restart, it will then try to download.  If I do -t on httpd, I get
a Syntax OK message.  Also, when I make a change to the conf file, I
am completely stopping and then starting apache, not just using
'restart'.  As you can see by the list of compiled modules, php is in
there.  If I try inserting a LoadModule command in the conf file, I
get a message that it's already been loaded in.  If I run ps -aux I
see /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd which is the correct location that I
installed to.  Very very weird......

What is the full path to the httpd.conf file you are editing?

Also, if you are compiling apache yourself, why are you using the 1.3.x version, when you could be using 2.x.x ?

Kind Regards,

Keith