PF member's exhibit of this week - one person's opinions FWIW

 … seen on April 24, 2014 in the PhotoForum's member's photographic exhibit at:  http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

My personal opinions:

Tina Manley - Making Rice Paper	- I like the atmosphere in this photograph and the action going on. It would probably work in a more informative way as part of a series. As a stand alone it still has impact though!

Rob Talbot - Julie- Interesting point of view. The model's rather bored loom is engaging - trying to figure out what she is really thinking - probably thinking "this is rather silly!"

John Retallack - nice clean crip photograph IMO - maybe a bit on the yellow/green side. Visually very attractive IMO.

Pablo Coronel - Dogwood blossom	- reminded me of the simplicity of a Japanese illustration ... until I noticed the bee. I am not so sure the bee is needed or that it adds. It certainly changes the mood or story of the photograph. I like the blossoms and the sky but bottom line not enthused about the bee.

Allan Rosen-Ducat - Happening in the desert	- as a sculpture it is impresive. As a photograph it sure grabs your attention but I tend to perceive this as more of an ominous alien ceatrure from the deep sea. I think the photograph is good but the sculpture is better! ;)

Jim Snarski - Liftoff - cute. The wings are just a tad too burry for me but given the situation it is understood that you had to go with what you had for the first shot ... there probably would be no repeats unless this little bird was just practicing. I b=notice it seems to have a pretty strong hold of the pole below!

Bob McCulloch - Morning Skies - very colorful and appealing.

Art Faul - Oban Harbor and Mull Ferry - reminds me of the 1940s - that is not bad -- it has a historical feel to it. I like it. The fact one can not identify (see) any people is interesting to me. Sure we know they are there somewhere but their "presence" is not there. Weird feeling.

Yoram Gelman - Bobbin Rack - I can't get "into" the photograph. I read the statement of what these things are but they don't catch my attention and I could easily pass by the photogrpah if hanging in an exhibit.

Dan Mitchell - Ghost Passage - nicely mysterious and well photogrpahed IMO. I expected to se a ghost though ...

Pini Vollach - Ant looking up - I get it but I don't get it ... not much to connect with. I uderstand this is an ant's view looking up but it does not result in an interesting photograph .. at least IMO.

Andrew Davidhazy - Molly on the run! -