Re: Calumet Photographic has locked it's doors for the final time.

Hi, Nobody here,

I bought my EOS 20D and 50D from a local store.  I bought my 550 EX from a local store.  My Tamron 18-270 came from the same local  store.  My EOS 5D MK II was bought locally as was my 600 EX-RT.

I have found that in many cases "brick and mortar" prices are the same or very close to the same.   Weighing shipping vs sales tax, the total cost difference is worth it.  I can see and try what I want to buy if I go locally.  Buying local gives me someplace and somebody I can talk with about "this vs that" about photography.  Can't do that on-line.

Prior to going digital, my fil gear was all locally bought, and I believe, so was my "L" glass.

Bob

Never trust atoms..... They make up everything