Re: $ new pohotographs in PF exhibit hall on 02/29/14

Emily Ferguson asked a relevant question about the image and about the extraneous material.  I agree that sometimes the process details add to the interest of the image, but there is no place for the ridicule about "spaghetti" -- especially while also carrying a bagful of it.

The part about "show people something shocking" may be a legitimate response to the question regarding the extraneous material, but I argue that "attention if only for a moment" is not a worthy goal.  Many artists produced great works which were, unfortunately, woefully undervalued at the time; but if doing something "shocking" is necessary to achieve some person's perceived goal, my feeling is that's too bad.

If it takes more (and better, and different) art to attract attention, that's the way it goes.  No need to offer, say, a burlesque show alongside.

  -yoram