Re: Brutal Review of PF members exhibit on March 16, 2013

How about a collection of white photographers smiling -- something few of them have done since the biggest camera maker became Apple. I spent most of my career having about 500,000 competitors, but now I have about 250 million folks who call themselves photographers with a cell phone and the only people making real money are digital manufacturing companies. Nobody spends money on prints anymore as they just visit a museum or art gallery and when nobody is looking whip out their iPhone and shoot what they want to remember. I’m having a show in July, and the gallery manager already has a huge sign on the door saying “NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED”.

I'm waiting and I’m sure it won’t be long, before somebody wins a Pulitzer for a series shot on an iPhone.

Jan