Re: Brutal Review of PF members exhibit on March 16, 2013

Recently, I asked an art director friend if he had viewed my recent work online.
He replied,yes,but that he didn't get the pictures of barren landscapes.
He knew about the extended project I have been working on, the images just didn't
Float his boat.

I did not have a negative feeling.  I just realized that some people will love my
Work and other, not so much.  I can't make art to please other people.
I can only rely on my own creative drive.

As for Jan's comment, I agree, pictures of poor village people in afganistan  reek
Of elitism.  Don't get me wrong,  there are great images out there.
I believe that it's more important to focus the camera on our own citizens.
Sure I can have empathy for the afgani villager, yet the message is more serious when
The hungry little girl live just a couple miles away.

I'm not sure this is a yuppie thing.  I think it might be the seductive nature  of cliche.
Immersed in mass media, many shooters are recapturing archetypal images embedded
In mass media over exposure.

In fairness villager grab shots have been part of the American travel slide show since the first camera went on safari.

Allan