Re: PF members exhibit on 11 AUG 12

It's been a while since there's been a lively thread here! Lovin' it!

My $0.02: I've never seen camera phones or phone cameras, whichever your wired marketing hook might be, as anything more than an exceptionally useful tool for planning or documenting photo opportunities that are to be returned to. At the same time, I don't wish to paint myself into a corner adorned with the graffiti of my own integrity as a gear snob. I'm certain that Apple is tickled shitty that people out there have dedicated server space to celebrate "iPhone art", develop quirky hipster image apps, and any other free advertising to push their revenues and create lines around the block whenever they add an "S" to the end of the product name.

If it's done on an iPhone, is it not art? Jan and several others seem to think as such; others disagree. And there you are. Here's some food for thought: Do you call a successful writer that publishes their notes and outlines a sell-out, or a keen businessperson? When we put "art" and "professional" in the same thought or sentence, we've created our own definition (the actual art) which we must then sell to others as a professional.