Re: Lightroom question

On 2011-12-09 23:49, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Time Machine only backs up your computer, not your external drives. Once
it has done the first backup, it works very quickly. You need an
external drive for it, however, about the size of your internal drive
and preferably not USB. USB is very slow and inefficient compared to
Firewire as it does not stream the data but sends it in packets.

I think Apple may have an unusually good Firewire implementation, and rather poor USB; I've found on Windows and Linux that there's little difference (after spending money for what was supposed to be a faster external drive solution).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info