Re: comments

>But the question isn't that (which can be settled with a level, or in some
>modern cameras a built-in sensor).  The question is, does the picture
>"look right?"

I can remember an image I posted here years ago --- eveyone said it was tilted. Yes, it looked tilted but I knew ir
had been taken level (becasue the spirit level was level). Problem was a broad diagonal river behind - acting as a
"false horizon".

Coincidentally I was looking at the image yesterday and had uploaded it elsewhere. This time I applied a rotation until
it "looked right".  It might not truly be level anymore, but who's to say the earth was really flat anyway.

So yes - agree totally. These days I forget the spirit level and level it by eye.

Rob

PS ... and to "no name" ... I sure as heck do know how to do a brutal review. I just choose not to anymore.