comments

Don Roberts
July in Iowa:  I like this better when it is cropped about 1/4 down from the top.  For me, it’s more interesting.

Bob Talbot
Light Box:  I’m not sure what the objects are, but I like the reflections.  If it were my photograph (and I know it isn’t) I’d carry the red background all the way through, and have each object sharp.

Andrew Sharpe
Rabbit, Aspen Colorado:  I like the black and white.  When first viewing this photograph it had an eerie feel to it; I can’t explain that.  Maybe a bit more contrast?

Robert G. Earnest
Reba:  I like this casual portrait of Reba.  There isn’t too much more I can say – it just works.

Dan Mitchell
Harbor & Dock:  The shadow of the light pole adds interest to this photograph.  Everything is sharp and it is well composed.  A nice image.

John Palcewski
Run:  A good photograph of a runner, but it makes me uncomfortable that she is so close to the left-hand edge.  I think she needs a little more room in front of her.

Michael Hughes
Dean Clough Mills Halifax:  I’d like to hear more about the former title of the buildings – The Dark Satanic Mills.

Christopher Strevens
hungarian lake: This has a, “summer is over” feel to it.  Kind of sad.

Thank you to those who submitted work, and to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com