comments

John Palcewski
Shadow:  Intriguing.  Interesting; it certainly has an eerie feel to it.

Bob Sull
Flash the nature photographer: I love the over-sized hat.  It looks as if this young man knows what he is doing with his camera.  I can see the grandfather’s fondness for, and pride in, his grandson.  Great photo.

Rene M Hales
New Mexico ~ Horse:  When viewing this as a thumbnail the area around the horse appeared to be soft and I liked the effect.  The curve of the horses neck and placement of its head works.  Very nice.

Emily L. Ferguson
abandoned:  This image signifies “hope” for me.  The background looks sad and dreary, but the greenery in the front says, “there is hope.” Rob Talbot
Hot Ashes:  I’m not sure what I’m looking at.  It looks like the lettering is made of ice crystals, which makes the photograph interesting.  I’d like to know more about the subject matter.

Christopher Strevens
On the Serbian border:  This photograph gives me a feeling of being lost, not sure of where I am or what to do.  My emotional response to this was surprising to me;  it was quite strong (I hate the feeling of being lost).

Don Roberts
Barn Scene:  I wouldn’t have thought “barn” when viewing this if the title hadn’t told me it was a barn.  I like the warm tones.  The barn looks as if it would be a wonderful place to explore but this also has a spooky feel to it.  Very interesting.

Yoram Gelman
Power Hungry:  A great title; nice framing and  composition.  The photograph says (to me) this is what happens if you want too much power; it leads to corruption and loss (okay – I’ve been watching too many news programs).

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com