Comments

Trevor Cunningham
eddie floyd:  An artist lost in his music.  The lighting is perfect.  A great shot.

Jim Snarski
Wet Chick:  As enchanting as the “Mad Blue Bird” photograph we’ve all likely seen.  I expect to see this on posters, cards and t-shirts, soon.

Pini Vollach
Turkish Market;  a visual definition of the word, “cacophony,” but in a good way.  I like the reflection of the building, the articles of clothing, the figures that are reflected . . . .  This photograph gives me the feeling of standing in strange surroundings, excited, but unsure of myself.

Don Roberts
X Bridge:  There is definitely no snow here (southern California) today.  It’s supposed to be 108 degrees.  I like the use of black and white with this image.  Well done.

Christopher Strevens
Home for the destitute Budapest:  This image causes me to feel guilty.  I have so much and there are some who have so little.  When you think about it, who is really the most fortunate?

Sherie Taylor
Artist at work:  Another artist lost in their art (see Trevor’s image).  I like the feeling of peace, concentration, and being full of satisfaction this photograph gives me.  The artist has her tools and an interesting subject.  What more does she need?

Roger Eichhorn
New Mexico forest fire plume:  Single words come to mind:  Scary, beautiful, sadness.  Again, I’m reminded of how fortunate I am.  So far this year there have been no fires in the Mojave Desert/Los Angeles County Forest areas.  I hope our good fortune holds out.

An excellent show, this week.  Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging it.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com