comments

Dan Mitchell
Country Cottage:  I like this photograph very much; it depicts a beautiful scene.  My one gripe is the distracting pole near the left center of the photograph, but itâs there, what can you do about it.  (A higher perspective, maybe?)  This has a âWizard of Oz/golden roadâ feel to it.

Herschel Mair
Dragon-sword lady in Persian Souq:  I like the lightning on her face. This shows an interesting juxtaposition of the model and the background.  Very well done.

Pini Vollach
PhotoMontage:  I looked at this photograph for quite a while.  Itâs a little confusing at first, but fascinating to look at.

Katharina Kitaeva
The Tragedy:  This photographs sends an immediate message.  No words are needed â it tells a story.  Nice work.

John Palcewski

Amor Patris:  My first thoughts were:  Mark Twain and then Norman Rockwell.  A pleasing, gentle photograph.  My only thought is to saturate the colors just a little â or it could just be my screen.  Well done.

Sherie Taylor
The Fountain":  A nice perspective, beautiful colors;  Well composed and framed.

Don Roberts
Floral Tribute:  The water color effect gives this photograph a painterly feel and it works well.  If the color of the background, which looks a little muddy, could be changed, I think this would be stronger.

Christopher Strevens
The road:  Interesting, but a little depressing â maybe because of the darkness and steel.  Your photographs are usually full of life, Chris.  As I said, though, this is interesting and has a feeling of âdanger aheadâ to it.

Thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the show and to those who contributed.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com