Re: Feedback on first submission

At 7:22 AM -0400 5/30/11, Kenneth Frazier wrote:
Thanks for all the illuminating feedback. And, I shouldn't leave the impression that I'm completely at sea with digital. I have had to acknowledge that I need to "go to school," so I've made arrangements for a two-day one-on-one intensive with a pro in the Atlanta area, to learn some "digital skills."

Unless your brain is really different from mine, two days will leave you so overloaded that you'll feel overwhelmed for quite a while.

I always advise people to start by learning what they can see that they need and then use that until they realize they need more. I learned more in 20 minutes of a 2-hr advanced workshop one year, after being a daily PS user for 4 years, than I learned in the other 100 minutes, and another time I learned more in the first hour of a 5-hr workshop than in the remaining 4.

Most of that was because I had to go home and practice what I had just learned before I could stuff any more into my limited brain!

And, curiously, nearly every month I sit with the PS tech article in Pop Photog and at least try out whatever they're selling. Most of the time it's something I need to know.
Sometimes it's something I have needed to know for quite a while.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx