Photo Gallery comments

Rene M Hales
Street at Dark:  This reminds me of a scene in the movie, âCasablancaâ for some reason.  I like this photograph very much.  It has a mysterious feel and is very moody.  I especially like the beautiful dark blue sky.

Rob Talbot
Lindisfarne:  A frame-within-a-frame and a great photograph, too.  I really like the shape of the âframeâ you shot through, Rob.  Very nice.

Emily L. Ferguson
Wintery Barn:  A beautiful scene.  I enjoy the lace-like branches against the beautiful blue sky.  Itâs a photograph that makes me want to be there.

John Retallack:  The first thought that came to me was the word, âpowerful,â even though the subject matter indicates peace.  After viewing the photograph again, I notice that the closed fist is in a punching position, which clashes with the cross, which to me indicates peace.  I think this makes the photograph interesting.

Katarina Kitaeva
The chasm:  I like this a lot, my favorite part being the reflections of the reeds in the water.  I also like the rugged wood walk way.

Dan Mitchell
Gobble, gobble:  What a beautiful bird.  I love the colors and detail.  Very nice framing, composition and itâs right-on sharp.

Pini Vollach
Snowman:  The dark line of the roofâs edges draw my eye right through the photograph and I like the unusual and interesting viewpoint.   The contrast of the clear city scene against the clouds that form a backdrop adds interest.

Don Roberts
Big Fish:  It is âfun,â Don, and itâs deceiving.  I canât tell how large the fish is (I think, quite large).

Christopher Strevens
The day the sun came back:  The town looks so clean and peaceful.  I always feel Iâve visited the places you show in your photographs with you, Chris.  They have a comfortable, natural feel to them.

Roy Miller

Comments on Composition?:  An interesting image, Roy.   I really like the outlined, delicate branches on the left, but for some reason I want to crop that side of the photograph and put the bird closer to the left hand edge.  Itâs nice the way the bird is in the center of three branches that form a triangle around it;  its as if he/she is sitting within a frame.  Itâs very nice just the way it is, though.

A great show.  Thank you to all who contributed, and thank you to Andy and staff for hanging the show.

Marilyn

****
Have you ever wished you could tell your childhood self a thing or two about growing up?
Would the knowledge you know now have saved you from learning things the hard way?

It's Tough Growing Up: Children's Stories of Courage
Marilyn Dalrymple and Joan Foor
www.itstoughgrowingup.com