Re: museum collections?

James,

I see (indeed saw them when I saw the show in person) those things you mention. I just don't see how or why that image landed on a museum wall. A gallery wall I could understand but not a museum wall.

As one who has photographed weddings I can assure you that peeved looks between wedding party participants isn't all that abnormal, nor is a pregnancy, even one revealed last minute.

One assumes that since this is in a museum it was photographed by an artist, not a wedding photographer. That makes me wonder two things: was this staged (doubtful based on expression), was the artist running around making images in the middle of wedding preparations of a friend, grabbed this image, threw it in her portfolio and voila now the joke's on us.

Agreed, there's much to question in this picture. But there's much to question in a lot of pictures that don't end up on museum walls.

Maybe sometimes the question simply is: how the heck did that end up here?

Lea

the most wonderful things in life aren't things