RE: museum collections?

Lea,

You have to look at a lot of art in a lot of museums. An art museum is
not necessarily an art gallery. Museums collect works that may represent
various styles and spans of time including the present. They may focus
on regional art, or local collections. Contemporary art is very
difficult for most of us to comprehend without an MFA where you learn
that really good art should get you aroused (not that way!) Seriously, I
often come out of Contemporary art museums angry and I have an MFA. Just
don't let anyone hear you say "my kid could'a done that." Museums tend
to purchase the "usual suspects" that have been blessed by the art
establishment. That doesn't mean it isn't good art. So, who managed to
annoy you most in the Kemper?

AZ

LOOKAROUND - Since 1978
http://www.panoramacamera.us