Re: museum collections?

This is a link to one of the images I was really wondering about. How this ended up on a museum wall I'd love to know.

http://collections.kemperart.org/Obj651$6

I can't find the other one that really tied me in knots. It's a self-portrait of a woman in an Asian flower shop. She's wearing the brightest baby blue dress with a sparkling gold belt high up on her waist and a bad blond wig if memory serves but what really grabs you is that her face is painted stop-sign red. Her WHOLE face. And not a lovely Asian face painting job, either.

Neither of these images had the decency to remain small...they are both HUGE.

Had time allowed I would have asked a docent how/why they were added to a permanent collection or any collection for that matter.

Art is a funny, funny thing.

Lea