Re: museum collections?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lea Murphy" <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2011 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: museum collections?

This is a link to one of the images I was really wondering about. How this ended up on a museum wall I'd love to know.

http://collections.kemperart.org/Obj651$6

EXTREMELY overlit by flash*, didn't manage to hold the camera level, peculiar framing

Did the author grinbd this through the HDR software themselves, or was it outsourced?

* or am I wrong? One wonders - the highlights on the shoulders of the two right girls suggests there was a fair bit more light one them than the background suggests!

so many questions are raised.. they must be a really good artist!

i'm expecting the lighting to strike me down any moment now..