Re: Scanning/copying addenda

You can still buy the Nikon LS5000:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&N=0&Q=&Ntt=%2Bnikon+Scanner+5000&A=endecaSearch

That's the one I have with a batch feeder. ÂWorks great.

Tina

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 4:35 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, January 3, 2011 15:01, Herschel Mair wrote:
> This is an important caveat.
>
> The Nikon Pro scanners scan at 9000 DPI this means that a 35mm slide
> will yield an image in excess of 100 mega pixels.

The Coolscan 5000ED scans at 4000DPI max. ÂAnd has been discontinued. ÂThe
ÂCoolscan 9000 ED medium-format unit is also 4000DPI (according to the
Nikonusa.com web site product archive). ÂAnd it has now also been
discontinued (that's a change since I last looked).

Basically, nobody is making a pro-level desktop scanner any more.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

--
Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com