Re: Scanning/copying addenda

On Mon, January 3, 2011 15:49, Don Roberts wrote:
> The fact they are discontinued means that the price should be much more
> favorable on eBay whee I bought mine.

Could be, but could be the reverse.  There may be a lot of people wanting
to get into scanning just now.  A lot of the listings on Ebay are above
the list price it had when it was available new (and one optimist has a
buy-it-now price on the combination of the 5000 ED and the stack feeder of
$4200; I paid $1500 for mine new from B&H).

I should try to hurry through my scanning and see if I can get in on this
price bubble while it lasts :-).  (Nope, not going to happen; too many
thousands of negatives I'm not prepared to abandon yet.  Maybe I can catch
the NEXT bubble!)

> Older items still can have a lot of value.

Certainly they can, as witness collector Leicas from long enough ago :-).

On the other hand, I sold my Coolscan LS-2000 for $62.50 (in non-working
condition, by that point).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info