Re: Fwd: OSX in a non-apple?

I must admit I can't see much point unless you've got bags of Apple software and you can't afford a new Mac.
And why convert a netbook or cheap laptop? Wouldn't it struggle with only 1GB? Though Mac haven't got anything like a 10.1" netbook.... and I suppose you can add extra memory cheaply as I did with my little macbook.

Howard

On 28 October 2010 17:05, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, October 28, 2010 09:50, Kim Mosley wrote:
> A friend who is an Apple developer wrote this:
>
> It is a violation of the license agreement and they might come knocking on
> your door if you try it.

If you want a Mac, it's probably best to buy a Mac.  I've seen reports
from a number of people for whom the "hackintosh" process did not go
nearly as smoothly as it's being portrayed here. I can see the point if
you need to do minor testing on a Mac and want to just boot existing
hardware rather than have additional hardware, but it seems like a bad
idea for anything mission-critical.

I've never heard a report of anybody actually knocking on any doors;
though of course trying to get support from Apple would be a serious
mistake!

Of course, the fact that Apple doesn't like the idea is one of the only
things that makes it at all attractive to me!  (non-fan of Apple here :-)
).
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info