Gallery review

		Lea Murphy - As I look at this on my large monitor I see it isn't sharp. I do like the tones I was able to pull out and I like the composition quite a lot.

              Jim Davis - Yellow Trees - a beautiful scene indeed! The yellow is stunning and I love the sweep of it across the image. The road up top is adds a nice touch. There is a tree leaning diagonally from the left side of the frame that distracts my eye. I might have cropped that out. I have the G7 and marvel at what those cameras can do.

              Trevor Cunningham - plants taller than i (cont.) - I like this image much better than the one presented last week. I think you've done a better job with the tones and keeping your highlights from blowing. I like the black background, too.

              Dan Mitchell - Tree - I've read quite a lot about The Impossible Project and am glad to see they brought it to fruition. I like this image, particularly the shadow block in the lower left corner and the circle of the tree. It balances well.

              Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life in Red-I'd say it's red! These appear to be three disconnected objects tied together by color. The vase seems empty to me and I so wish it were filled with flowers. Those grapes on the plate are spectacular and are far and away my favorite part of this image. I love how they're lit and how they reflect. The front edge of the plate is just great.

              Emily L. Ferguson - To the Beach - brrr 	I want this image to work but it's too busy for me. The foreground is distracting with all the different woods and railings going this way and that. Cropping up from the bottom helps clean it up though it does knock out quite a lot of the footpath, and a lot of the charm.

              Michael Hughes - Warm-up Pink color cast could have been improper white balance or a bad ink cartridge if you printed it via inkjet. Those are the things I'd look at.

              John Palcewski - Butterfly Candidate 	Wow. Sharp, well composed, beautiful. Great out of focus background. Lovely image.

              David Small - If you were to pull out the highlights on the pipes you could create some really cool drama and make this an amazing image.  Tone down the highlights in the upper right corner and you may have something really wonderful here. I wish the guy were barefoot and I wish the pipe that's visible from his head to his right hand were not there as it distracts.

              Mark Harris - Valya Shadowed I'm not really seeing so much shadow pattern. Her forward breast with its areola being neither completely firm nor completely saggy is a huge roadblock keeping this image from working for me....my eye keeps stopping there. The finger tips just visible on her left arm are also a distraction though her pose is nice and believable.

On May 16, 2010, at 7:22 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:

>  Lea Murphy -
>               Jim Davis - Yellow Trees
>               Trevor Cunningham - plants taller than i (cont.)
>               Dan Mitchell - Tree
>               Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life in Red
>               Emily L. Ferguson - To the Beach - brrr
>               Michael Hughes - Warm-up