RE: Gallery review

Lea, This is a great review !

Pini

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lea Murphy
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 4:05 AM
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Gallery review

		Lea Murphy - As I look at this on my large monitor I see it
isn't sharp. I do like the tones I was able to pull out and I like the
composition quite a lot.

              Jim Davis - Yellow Trees - a beautiful scene indeed! The
yellow is stunning and I love the sweep of it across the image. The road up
top is adds a nice touch. There is a tree leaning diagonally from the left
side of the frame that distracts my eye. I might have cropped that out. I
have the G7 and marvel at what those cameras can do.

              Trevor Cunningham - plants taller than i (cont.) - I like this
image much better than the one presented last week. I think you've done a
better job with the tones and keeping your highlights from blowing. I like
the black background, too.

              Dan Mitchell - Tree - I've read quite a lot about The
Impossible Project and am glad to see they brought it to fruition. I like
this image, particularly the shadow block in the lower left corner and the
circle of the tree. It balances well.

              Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life in Red-I'd say it's red! These
appear to be three disconnected objects tied together by color. The vase
seems empty to me and I so wish it were filled with flowers. Those grapes on
the plate are spectacular and are far and away my favorite part of this
image. I love how they're lit and how they reflect. The front edge of the
plate is just great.

              Emily L. Ferguson - To the Beach - brrr 	I want this image to
work but it's too busy for me. The foreground is distracting with all the
different woods and railings going this way and that. Cropping up from the
bottom helps clean it up though it does knock out quite a lot of the
footpath, and a lot of the charm.

              Michael Hughes - Warm-up Pink color cast could have been
improper white balance or a bad ink cartridge if you printed it via inkjet.
Those are the things I'd look at.

              John Palcewski - Butterfly Candidate 	Wow. Sharp, well
composed, beautiful. Great out of focus background. Lovely image.

              David Small - If you were to pull out the highlights on the
pipes you could create some really cool drama and make this an amazing
image.  Tone down the highlights in the upper right corner and you may have
something really wonderful here. I wish the guy were barefoot and I wish the
pipe that's visible from his head to his right hand were not there as it
distracts.

              Mark Harris - Valya Shadowed I'm not really seeing so much
shadow pattern. Her forward breast with its areola being neither completely
firm nor completely saggy is a huge roadblock keeping this image from
working for me....my eye keeps stopping there. The finger tips just visible
on her left arm are also a distraction though her pose is nice and
believable.

On May 16, 2010, at 7:22 PM, ADavidhazy wrote:

>  Lea Murphy -
>               Jim Davis - Yellow Trees
>               Trevor Cunningham - plants taller than i (cont.)
>               Dan Mitchell - Tree
>               Marilyn Dalrymple - Still Life in Red
>               Emily L. Ferguson - To the Beach - brrr
>               Michael Hughes - Warm-up