Re: Comments from the Creator of "The Photograph"

Since I'm the cropper of whom you speak I'll simply say that the image was posted to the forum as a photograph for critique. Everything else that came of it was secondary to that.

I felt it was a weak image because it had too much extraneous detail in it. I cropped it and as a result feel it's a much stronger image. I could have described my crop in a bunch of words but I chose to show my crop and save some time (which I'm now losing by explaining why I did it).

I am frequently asked to critique work and nine times out of ten I recommend cropping. It's really great when cropping strengthens an image. Sometimes they're awful through and through and there's nothing to be done to fix them.

Trust me when I say I like women's genetalia just fine and had the image been strong with it in the photograph I'd never have cropped it. That white curtain really bothered me, too v

That's just my two cents. I really appreciated Mark's comments on all this.

Lea

a child inspires me for what he is
and for what he may become