Re: PF gallery on 04-10-10

The Photoforum gallery is at <http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html>

Jack Klasey - Arizona #2

This is very striking; the old rock, left standing when everything around it weatherd away (I presume), the large cactus and considerable other plant life in the foreground, and even a somewhat interesting sky. Nice!

Dan Mitchell - Road Sign

I kind of collect sign photos myself, but largely as raw material for things. Polaroid colors are more saturated here than I'm used to seeing, but still weird.

Emily L. Ferguson - Wing's Neck light

I suspect this works better in a larger size; Is the light the speck floating about an inch above the far spit of land, or is it the very hazy tower to the right that's about half as high?

Good to see some cloud detail in this kind of overcast.

Andrew Davidhazy - Doomed

Doesn't look that healthy in the picture, in fact. I hope it's now back at work aerating the soil!

Mark Harris - Jordana Shadowed

Nice use of the shadowing. I'm a little tired of headless nudes, but it may help abstract uses of the body, and it does help some model release issues.

The photo by MHarris was debated as to inclusion or not among several
people
here. Ultimately it was decided to include it although a different cropping
would have been prefered.

I favor including it as the photographer intended (which I think I understand is what was finally done).

Thanks to all who participated in the gallery this week, and apologies for being rather irregular myself.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info