Re: Monitor advice

Having just learnt from experience, I'd recommend you only buy a monitor that can be callibrated. I use mine for video not stills, but still need to get accurate colour reproduction. I recently bought a lovely Samsung but couldn't change the gamma settings (they were just setting 1,2 or 3) . Without knowing what these represented it was a impossible to know what your starting point was. Samsung said they'd speak to their techie people but never came back to us. Had the same problem with a new Iiayma model, the difference being they did tell us what each setting represented and we were able to callibrate with a spyder. My Iiyama is a Prolite E2209HDS, and seems to be behaving well so far. Cost about £150 I think and was the next best choice to the NEC or eizo which were a bit more expensive - I think I spoke to these people http://www.nativedigital.co.uk/shop/. If you want advice about calibrating in general, take a look at my partner's advice here http://www.photographycourses.biz/printer_calibration_photography_tips.html

Good Luck,

Jayne