Re: Bamboo

I'm so glad it's working as you'd hoped!

Lea

life is short. photograph it.

On Dec 13, 2009, at 9:52 PM, "Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Bamboo will only perform two finger and 1 finger operations, but it has four buttons which can be scripted. Most of the finger operations mimic those on the Mac touchpad - 1 finger moves the cursor, 2 fingers scroll up or down, taps for click to select, or open folders or launch files.

It's taking me a while to get the hang of it this evening, but right now it seems like a winner.

The pens have buttons which can be scripted to do operations like select, and click. The pen on my old Intuos functions like a mouse only without the carpal tunnel.

One thing I can't figure out how to do with the Bamboo is circumscribe the size of the active part of the tablet. I never have figured out why one would want a large tablet, since one would have to hold ones hand off it and be moving the arm all the time to navigate around it. So even on my 4x6 intuos I had the space circumscribed to even smaller. Selecting large areas of an image involved drawing the pen nib very short distances that way, and reaching for the File menu when the cursor had been down in the lower left corner did not involve lifting the hand off the desk.

Thus far the only thing I haven't figured out with the Bamboo is how to turn off the contextual menus it keeps splatting in my face.

I think I can confidently say that if someone wants my old Intuous to play around with, I'm done with it, and for a reasonable fee and shipping it's available.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx